Pesticide applicator training to be held in March
Cornell Cooperative Extension of Wyoming County (CCE) is offering a pesticide applicator training session and recertification course from 8:15 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. March 21 at the Wyoming County Agriculture and Business Center, 36 Center St., Warsaw. The exam begins at 1 p.m..
This session is geared for individuals planning to take the Core and Category Pesticide Certification exam specific to the focus of their work.
If applying for Core Recertification credits, you must bring your Pesticide Certification ID card with you. This session will carry 3.50 Core Re-Certification Credits. This course is open to those seeking private or commercial category Pesticide Applicator certification.
Individual responsibilities with CCE include:
• Pre-register with CCE for the training session only, by calling Don Gasiewicz at (585) 786-2251 or emailing him at email@example.com. There is a $20 fee for extension enrollees and a $25 fee for non-enrollees. Any questions regarding the certification class can be directed to Gasiewicz as well.
• You need to purchase the required training manual(s) from the CCE office. Manuals for all categories must be ordered through CCE. Once you know which manual(s) you need, contact Don to purchase and/or order. Questions regarding which manual(s) you may need to order, must be directed the NYSDEC at (716) 851-7220
Individual Responsibilities with New York State DEC (Department of Environmental Conservation)
• DEC pesticides test. The pesticide exam is conducted by the DEC and is held at the Wyoming County Agriculture and Business Center at 1 p.m. March 21.
• NYSDEC requires advance registration to be eligible to take the certification exam. If you are planning to take the exam, you must first call the NYSDEC Pesticide Division at (716) 851-7220 to discuss eligibility.
• If you are eligible, DEC will send you an exam packet, which you must fill out and return to them with your examination fee of $100. You must be pre-registered with DEC to take the exam. No walk-ins will be allowed. All questions regarding your certification should be directed to the DEC.