Information sourced from a press release
The Arts Council for Wyoming County (ACWC) and the Wyoming County Chamber of Commerce and Tourism announce the fourth annual Wyoming County Women's Business Summit. The event will be held from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Sept. 28 at Beaver Hollow Conference Center/Biggest Loser Resort Niagara, 1083 Pit Road, Java Center. The theme of this year’s summit is “Close to Home.”
The keynote speaker for the event is local business owner and entrepreneur Keirsten Schaffer. Participants will also attend several break-out sessions, a luncheon of locally sourced foods, and a panel discussion featuring Wyoming County business women.
"We are very pleased to co-host the fourth Women's Business Summit with the ACWC at Beaver Hollow,” said Wyoming County Chamber President Scott Gardner. "Our continued goal is to bring women business owners, professionals, and entrepreneurs, a unique opportunity to hear from dynamic presenters on a wide range of issues relevant to the personal and professional lives of Wyoming County’s professional women in business."
Shaffer, the owner of Lila Pilates in Perry, began her career in community and economic development in Livingston and Wyoming counties. In 2001, she co-founded the Perry Farmers’ Market. She also spent four years as a healthcare marketing consultant for the Wyoming County Community Health System.
In 2006, Shaffer was diagnosed with acute promyelocytic leukemia. Subsequently, she put her efforts on the study of bodywork, movement, and wellness. At the Summit, she will discuss her journey to wellness and how she found movement and massage therapy to be the key to her overall health. She says the therapy ultimately improves and enhances her work performance.
"Every year we incorporate the ACWC’s year-long theme into the Women’s Summit,” said ACWC Executive Director Jacqueline Hoyt. “I am eager to hear the different interpretations regarding ‘Close to Home’ within the context of our women owned businesses or women in the work place. I am especially eager to hear how our keynote speaker Keirsten Schaffer will weave her information about the human body into the theme.”
Other presenters include:
• Negotiating Skills: Victoria Reynolds, deputy district director, U.S. Small Business Administration
• Multi-Generational Workplaces – Finding the Strengths: JoBeth Rath, trainer/Goodwill Industries
• Personal Branding: Kelly Tracy, recruiter, Pioneer/Navient
• Social Media, Where do You Want to Be?: Jessica Seymour, partner MOTIV Digital Media
Panel discussion speakers include:
• Sarah Keeler, owner/instructor – Genesee Dance Theatre, Perry
• Lisa Seewaldt, owner – Ash-Lin’s Elegant Rose Florist and Gift Shop, Warsaw
• Laura DeBadts, independent senior sales director – Mary Kay, Warsaw
• Sarah Billings, owner / Lead Stylist – slb salon & boutique Inc., Perry
• Sandra Pirdy, owner – Creekside Fabrics, and motivational speaker/ instructor, Arcade
The daylong summit is co-sponsored by the Beaver Hollow Conference Center/Biggest Loser Resort Niagara, Women’s OB-GYN of Warsaw, and Silver Lake Brewing Project in Perry.
General admission is $80 per person; $70 for ACWC and Chamber members. Seating is limited.
For more information or to register email Kelly Ashcraft at email@example.com or call the Chamber office at (585) 786-0307.