Maple Weekend kicks off Saturday
The 22nd Annual New York Maple Weekend celebration will be held from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. March 18,19, 25 and 26, at participating maple sugarhouses throughout Wyoming County. The Maple industry in the county is large and thriving, and even after this mild winter there is maple syrup in production.
Bring your whole family for an educational and fun experience. Learn how pure maple syrup is made from the sap of sugar maple trees. Tapping demonstrations, sap house tours, sugar-bush tours, and wagon rides- see, taste, and smell the maple-making process.
Participating businesses include:
• Merle Maple Farm, 1884 Route 98, Attica;
• Hidden Valley Animal Adventure, 2887 Royce Road, Varysburg;
• Beaver Meadow Audubon, 1610 Welch Road, North Java;
• Maple Moon Farms, 1058 Attica Gulf Road, Attica;
• Sage Family Maple, 4449 Sage Road, Warsaw;
• Sweet Time Maple, 5680 Webster Road, Wyoming;
• Wolcott Maple Syrup Products & Equipment, 1247 Dale Road, Dale (Wyoming);
• Bray Farms, 1597 Bray Road, Arcade;
• Georges Maple Products, 1766 Route 77, Strykersville;
• Kibler Maple Products, 1802 Perry Road, North Java;
• Kirsch’s Maple, Route 77, Varysburg;
• Mohler Maple Products, 1627 Route 19, Wyoming;
• Over the Hill Maple, 2089 Maxon Road, Varysburg;
• Siler’s Sugar Shanty, 2401 Pee Dee Road, North Java; and
• Sudzy’s Purely Maple, 1076 Maxon Road, Attica.
For a complete list of activities, pancake breakfasts, and other happenings on Maple Weekend click here.