Genesee Community College (GCC) recently announced that the following local residents are among students who were named to the provost's, president's, and dean's lists for the spring 2017 semester.
Students honored on the provost's list were enrolled part-time and earned a quality point index (GPA) of 3.75 (roughly equivalent to an “A”) or better. The college also maintains a president's list comprised of full-time students who have earned a GPA of 3.75 or better. Additionally, GCC's dean's list is comprised of full- or part-time students who earn a quality point index of 3.50 to 3.74.
Provost's list honorees include:
• Michelle Martin-Kaiser, William Plume, Abigail Skillman, Dylan Smoot, and Sarah Zielinski, all of Arcade;
• Titus Domes, a resident of Attica, Richard Gatti, Laura Hanobik, Nicholas Hanobik, Michael Jackson, Joseph LaCross, John Maher, Nathaniel Washington, and Mitchell Wright, all of Attica;
• Michelle Bookmiller, of Bliss;
• Stephanie Kehr and Danielle Kinney, both of Java Village;
• Adam DeLaVergne, Elizabeth Orban, and Andrea Prince, all of Perry; and
• Darryl Briggs, Ashley Carney, Ashley Mullen, Thomas Robertson, and Kristen Stephany, all of Warsaw.
Dean's list honorees include:
• Kaitlyn Fitzgerald, Amanda Fuller, Elizabeth Gleason, and Matthew Slocum, all of Arcade;
• Summer Beitz, Sydney Breton, Cameron Brooks, Sierra Johnson, Alexandra Leto, Samantha Long, Carrie Snyder, and Tanya Trauscht, all of Attica;
• Katie Cassidy, and Amber Perry, both of Bliss;
• Kayley Leary, and Briona Terray, both of Cowlesville;
• Holly Benkleman, of North Java;
• Emily Huff, and Christopher Warriner, both of Perry;
• Catharine Campbell, Ashley Finkle, and Brooke Proper, all of Silver Springs;
• Brandon Daly, and Angela George, both of Strykersville;
• Claudia Akin, Rose Chiauzzi, Michael Galton, Ryenne Proefrock, Wyatt Roggow, and Chelsea Schmieder, all of Warsaw; and
• Luke Schmidt, of Wyoming.
President's list includes:
• Jennifer Eckel, Craig Fitzgerald, Amber Gentner, Tyler Marble, Ashley Miller, Meghan Potter, and Ravo Root IV, all of Arcade;
• Brittany Anderson, Savannah Bartosik, Rachel Beck, John Burek, Kelly Duckworth, Alicia Dylag, Ryan Napieralski, Courtney Schaller, Nicholas Shadbolt, and Samantha Weber, all of Attica;
• Montana Copeland, of Castile;
• Brooke Tisdale, of Gainesville;
• Adrian McMahon, of North Java;
• Bethany Messe, Alicia Rast, Patrick Rice, Ciera Rinehart, and Austin Wheeler, all of Perry;
• Travis Baker, Heather Herrmann, and Crystal Shearing, all of Silver Springs;
• Olivia Herrmann, and Anthony Wolowiec, both of Strykersville;
• Julia Chojnacki, John Hochmuth, Jeffrey Mincer, Stephen Sovocool, and Kyle Turner, all of Varysburg;
• Jennifer Cummins, Collyn Frank, Seneca Hotchkiss, Michelle LaBelle, Amanda Pahuta, Tracy Stevenson, Sarah Ushurova, and Micaela Van Buren, all of Warsaw; and
• Kali Wright, of Wyoming.
GCC offers more than 65 academic programs and certificates, including the new Marketing and Social Media concentration within the Business Administration program, and the new Nanotechnology degree with ECC that focuses on a microscopic scale for an array of careers in biology, chemistry, electrical engineering, medicine and photovoltaics.
The college is accessible through seven campus locations throughout Western New York, as well as through its online learning program. For further information about all of GCC's opportunities, go to www.genesee.edu.